You must know yourself to grow yourself.
Do you have a sense of direction? You have to know who you are!
To grow yourself you have to know four things about yourself.
- You must know your weaknesses.
- You must know your strengths.
- You must know your opportunities.
- You must know your interests.
Knowing these four critical areas of your life tells you where you are. To reach your full potential you have to know where you are and where you want to be.
There are three kinds of people when it comes to finding direction:
- People who don’t know what they would like to do. They are confused.
- People who know what they would like to do, but don’t do it. They are frustrated.
- People who know what they want to do, and do it. These people are fulfilled.
It’s important for us to become aware of our own identity just like it’s important for us to find our own passion and purpose. But how do we do this?
Start by asking yourself some questions.
- Do you like what you are doing now and is your business headed in the direction you would like it to be?
- What would you like to do?
- Can you do what you would like to do?
- Do you know why you want to do what you would like to do?
- Do you know what to do so you can do what you want to do?
- Do you know people who do what you would like to do?
- Should you do what you would like to do with them?
Step one find a mentor. The goal is to find a mentoring relationship that is mutually beneficial. The question is will you pay the price to do what you want to do? The fact is growth requires sacrifice and if you are not willing to make that sacrifice then you’re not willing to do what it takes to “do what you want to do”. So when can you start doing what you’d like to do, and what will it look like when you get to do what you want to do?
Ever thought about starting your own business? Living a life of fulfillment doing what you would love? It’s not as hard as you might think.